This article will assist Administrators with connecting a Facilitron calendar to their Google or Apple calendar.
Connecting your Facilitron calendar to your Google or Apple calendar (or other WebDav/iCal capable calendar) will allow you to view reservations at your site on the go, according to the calendar rules you set.
- Choosing an Existing Calendar, or Creating a New Calendar
- Subscribing to an Existing or New Calendar via Google Calendar
- Pushing your Facilitron Calendar to Other External Calendars
- How to Unsubscribe from a Calendar
Choosing an Existing Calendar, or Creating a New Calendar
Start by navigating to the Setup dropdown in the left hand navigation bar on your Administrator Dashboard and clicking Calendar Management.
Once on the Calendar Management page, you may view the rules for any existing calendars, determine if you would like to subscribe to an existing calendar, or set up a calendar with new rules by clicking the Create New Calendar button in the upper right hand corner.
A calendar’s rules determine what reservations will be pushed to your external calendar. Clicking the Pencil icon on the right, next to an existing calendar will show you the calendar’s current rules, and allow you to adjust them as necessary.
- Please note that any changes to the calendar’s rules will affect everyone who is currently subscribed to the calendar.
When creating a new calendar, or editing the rules for an existing one, the configurable rules are:
- Calendar Name: Enter a name that best describes your calendar. For example, if you are the Theater Director and would like to set up a calendar only for events taking place at the Theater, you may name it Theater Events.
- Information to show on the calendar: Here you may choose between showing the Event (name), Reservation (ID), Show Facility, and Renter (name or organization name), or a combination of any of these options.
- Calendar Rules: Here you can choose what types of reservations to show on your external calendar. These are Internal Reservations, External Reservations, Public Notices, Offsite Events, and Maintenance Blocks, or a combination of any of these options.
- Please note that Public Notices and Offsite Events do not contain facilities, and will still appear on your external calendar if selected with the Notice or Offsite Event name.
- Facilities: Pick and choose any or all Facilities you would like included in your Calendar. Only reservations containing those facilities, and included in your Calendar Rules specification, will appear on your external calendar.
- Time: If you wish, you may choose to only have events taking place within designated times or on designated dates appear on your external calendar. Leaving the default options of 00:00 to 23:59 as is will not eliminate any events based on their timeslot.
Subscribing to an Existing or New Calendar via Google Calendar
Once you have either chosen an existing calendar, or created a new calendar, you can proceed in subscribing to it on your Google Calendar by clicking Add next to Google Calendar.
From there, a pop-out will appear asking you to sign into your Google account, and confirming that you would like your chosen Facilitron calendar to push to Google.
After logging in to your Google account and allowing Facilitron to connect, you will be brought back to Facilitron where you will be asked to select a calendar. Choose the Google calendar you would like the Facilitron calendar and events to push to, and click Submit.
Pushing your Facilitron Calendar to Other External Calendars
If you wish to push your chosen or created Facilitron calendar to another external calendar, you may view additional instructions by clicking on the blue [ i ] information icon next to iCal Feeds.
To push to an Apple Calendar:
- Open the Calendar program (in Applications).
- Click File menu and select New Calendar Subscription.
- Enter the iCal Feed URL (copied from your chosen or newly created Facilitron calendar) into the Calendar URL field, and click Subscribe.
- Change the name and color (optional), change the Location to On My Mac (important!), and update the Auto-refresh frequency to the one desired, then click OK.
To push to a Microsoft Outlook Calendar:
- From the Tools menu, select Account Settings.
- Click on the Internet Calendars tab.
- Click the New button.
- Enter the iCal Feed URL (copied from your chosen or newly created Facilitron calendar) and click Add.
- In the Subscription Options dialog box, you can optionally rename the calendar. Make sure the box is checked in the Update Limit section.
To push to an iPhone or iPad Calendar:
- Tap the Settings app on your iOS device’s Home screen.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then tap Add Account in the Accounts section.
- Tap Other, then tap Add Subscribed Calendar.
- Enter the ICS calendar’s address in the Server field.
- Tap Next, then enter a name for the calendar in the Description field.
- Tap Save to add the calendar to the Calendar app.
After you subscribe to a calendar, it appears under Subscribed in the Calendar section of the Calendar app.
How to Unsubscribe from a Calendar
If you no longer wish to subscribe to a calendar, you may unsubscribe from it by clicking the [ x ] next to your email address, beneath the designated calendar.
You will be asked to confirm your decision to unsubscribe from the calendar.
Click REMOVE CALENDAR AND CLEAR EVENTS to unsubscribe. Doing this will remove events from your external calendar.