This is where you add the type of hazardous material and the location of this material. This will allow a warning to generate anytime a work order is created in a location that has Haz Mat. within its confines that may affect the work that needs to be done.
Note: for this Hazardous Material notification to be functional in the system Location drop-downs must be utilized in the system when creating work orders. So a HazMat Listing of all locations must be uploaded into the system for this functionality to be accessed.
SBCUSD Hazmat approval process:
San Bernardino City Unified School District needed to know when any work order was submitted for anything within a room that has Hazardous Materials present. Their process required that any work order submitted for a space/location known to have any Hazmat present flag the work order with a HAZMAT warning and route directly to a safety office staff member in charge of all HAZMAT for the district. So to do that:
- A spreadsheet was imported that listed all HAZMAT located within any location in the work order system.
- Locations added to the system.
- Setting #31a & 31b evoked - (Adds location drop-down list to work orders)
- A new status Pending Hazmat Approval added to the system by going to Manage>Work Order Choices, clicking add new and adding the status.
- Change setting #44 in system defaults and settings to the newly added status of Pending Hazmat Approval and setting #44b to approved - This causes all new work orders submitted for a location tagged for Hazmat to default to the status Pending Hazmat Approval.
- Under Email Alerts (Manage>Manage Email Alerts>Work Order Change Alerts, add an alert for the designated user or users to receive a notice when the status Pending Hazmat Approval is set for a work order.
- Under the user account of the designated Hazmat user add the submenu of “Add Pre-Approved Hazardous Materials Work Orders to Menu.”
- Hazmat Approver will receive and must approve all Hazmat work orders placing them in the status of Approved which populates the receive inbox.
- Hazmat approvers also can add pre-written comments from a drop-down or add any comments on the fly which will display, along with the warning on the printed work order. These comments are found under Manage>Hazardous Materials>Hazmat comments.